At Schuberg Philis, we strive to keep track of the latest and greatest technology, and we constantly look for ways of integrating those innovations into our customers' landscapes.
In your role as Cloud Engineer Azure, you will be guiding the development of the mission critical Azure solutions. Often a cloud transition is part of the essential modernization, where you are the expert who can lead the way for our customers. You implement and automate the newest offerings to help our customers get the most of their cloud investments.
As a Cloud Engineer Azure, you will be involved in:
- Designing cloud solution architectures for both greenfield applications and brownfield migrations
- Driving the migrations of on-premises workloads to Azure
- The development of reusable artefacts such as Infrastructure-as-Code templates, scripts and CI/CD pipelines
- Creating solutions for operational excellence, such as monitoring, logging and configuration management
- Supporting the release by creating operational readiness tests and security reviews
- The process of ever-greening existing solutions by implementing technical improvements, cost optimization, code reviews and lifecycle management
- Incident response and troubleshooting
Depending on your preference and experience, you will also have the opportunity to work closely with our customer on architectural and strategical aspects.
You will be a part of a diverse, cross-functional team, which:
- Works directly with the customer
- Is exceptionally focused on security and reliability
- Tries to automate every aspect of repetitive and mundane work
Next to that, you will get a chance to be a part of a vibrant internal community, which works hard to share knowledge, exchange experiences and support one another. We also provide advanced internal training programs that cover the latest technology and modern ways of working aimed at achieving high performance in complex IT environments.
This role is perfect for you if you have:
- Eight years of experience working as a Systems Engineer or DevOps Engineer in complex environments
- Solid Azure knowledge, with deep expertise on Virtual Networks and App Service
- Experience with configuration management automation (e.g. Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- The skills and the drive to automate deployments and operations using PowerShell or Python
- Experience with deploying both COTS and custom-built applications through CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code using ARM templates or Terraform and CI/CD pipelines
- The ability (and will) to support and manage traditional on-premises environments.