Schuberg Philis continues to expand its focus on data for a growing number of customers and its internal operations. To keep up with growing demand, we are looking for a Data Engineer.
We keep our customers moving forward by designing, building and running their data landscapes. These landscapes are often developed in public cloud environments, but there is diversity in implementation: no customer is the same. We have data platforms on our own MCC (Mission Critical Cloud), AWS, Azure and more.
As Data Engineer you are part of a multi-disciplinary team. Our teams are completely self-steering, we have no managers, and every team member is in direct contact with the customer.
You will be taking on various cases, as well as finding answers to questions like these;
- What data quality rules are there and how should they be implemented?
- Which storage solution(s) is/are required?
- How and with what tooling will we do ETL?
- What ingestion types are required?
- How will governance of the entire landscape be done?
- … and many more.
As an Azure Data Engineer, you get to actively explore, design, build and run data platforms in the Azure public cloud. Colleagues that work on different projects or with different customers will come to you and the team for knowledge and expertise. Your work is customer focused but will also contribute to expanding and maturing the Schuberg Philis data landscape architecture and its initiatives.
Schuberg Philis believes in craftsmanship, and we believe that building and maintaining complex application ecosystems can be done by putting experts in the lead. We’re looking for a Data Engineer with the following experience:
- Developing and maintaining data pipelines
- Comfortable with DevOps-driven teams
- Configuring and managing tools like Spark, Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Functions, Event Hub, MS SQL Server, Synapse, Purview, etc.
- Supporting tooling such as Azure DevOps (CI/CD), ARM (Infra), etc
- Experience with Java, C# or Python (preferred) for engineering complex data flows
- Skilled in SQL
- Ability to self-organize; you are in control of your destination, there is no management
- Capable of communicating proficiently with a customer that has various levels of expertise
- Industry experience in investment management, or financial regulatory reporting expertise.
If you are a strong team player who recognizes themselves in the above, likes to take ownership, can work independently as part of a team, and can challenge us on our decisions: we’d like to hear from you.