At Schuberg Philis we help our customers actually deliver on the promise of digital transformation. Insights from data enrich decisions based on intuition and observation; for the better we believe. We continue to expand our focus on data for a growing number of customers, which is why we are currently looking for a Data Scientist to join us.
We keep our customers moving forward by designing, building and running their data landscapes. These landscapes are often developed in public cloud environments, but there is diversity in implementation: not all customers are the same. We have data lake environments on our own MCC (Mission Critical Cloud), AWS, Azure and more.
As a Data Scientist you will, together with your team, use data creatively to solve business challenges. More often than not uncovering new opportunities for improvement along the way. You will apply state-of-the-art modeling and quantitative techniques to mine, interpret en represent the data. Combining a keen insight into the customer's business with highly developed and hands-on skills in data transformation, validation and modeling you make inferences and offer advise based on insights from the data.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with Business and end-users to define their core problems and translate these into data transformation and modeling solutions
- Derive new insights from the data during data analysis, transformation and modeling and clearly communicate these with your stakeholders
- Build algorithms and models and directly deploy them in production using native cloud environments like serverless functions (e.g. Lambda’s) and/or containers
- Work closely with both data engineers and devops engineers in the implementation of use cases and required tools on a new data platform
- Develop and maintain data pipelines
- Work with tools like Sagemaker, Kinesis, S3, Lambda, Kafka, Redshift and Athena
- Work with tooling such as Gitlab (CI/CD) and Terraform (Infra)
- Be involved in the data standards and initiatives that we have set for our customers
On a team level you will be involved in the data strategy of the customer by developing or co-creating use cases that will be deployed on a data platform. This role encourages you to look beyond data alone: you have a team supporting the use of tools but you can deep dive into this as well - if you want.
Who are we looking for?
In this role you will thrive if you have the following experience:
- Designing and building use cases providing business value, that is feasible (technically sound) and that includes the wow factor making it desired by end users
- Used to working with large data sets in both data lakes (S3) and data warehouses (Redshift)
- Good AWS knowledge, especially with the data related services
- Good working experience with python & the data library ecosystem
- Experience with structured data (SQL databases, dashboarding tools)
- Building data pipelines in a cloud-native manner (e.g. S3, Lambda's, Glue, etc.)
To be able to bring a broader perspective to the role, the following experience is nice to have:
- Experience with software development, particularly API's (Python)
- Kafka, Kafka Connect, Spark and Glue
- Terraform, Docker