At Schuberg Philis we love to keep track of the latest and greatest tech that comes from Silicon Valley and our public cloud partners, so we can always pick the right tool for the job in the complex mission-critical ecosystems. In our dream projects we can seamlessly integrate the newest tech into an existing landscape to create high quality environments that last.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer Web Security, with a passion to automate. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team which is responsible for the integration and automation of solutions to ensure business continuity and maximize performance of customer environments. In this role you will be proactively hunting for vulnerabilities in the customer domain, for which you will advise them on possible solutions and configurations to manage these. In addition, you will be working on daily operations, integrations and configurations.
In this environment, AWS is used as SaaS/PaaS provider and we use Terraform to manage this. Most of the code is written in Go with some flavor of Python and bash. Gitlab and Docker are used for pipelines. In general, you will be working on but are not limited to:
- Developing CLI tools to enable cross-functional teams to work collaboratively
- Easy daily routines with serverless functions, chat bots and standalone services
- Secure the IT perimeter and keep attackers away from compromising infrastructure, applications and data
- Improve effective usage of cloud infrastructure and bandwidth by managing bot traffic
- Deploying security components in a DevOps way of working
Who are we looking for?
As a DevOps Engineer Web Security, you will have end-to-end responsibility for the environment of our customers. To be able to fully succeed in this role, you have the following profile:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in engineering, preferably in mission critical environments
- Experience in Linux, as a DevOps Engineer
- Experience in AWS, since all automation tools are in AWS
- Experience in managing and hardening public facing web servers, preferably middleware
- Experience with web applications (API's, web socket, etc.) You are able to work with different API's, both from our suppliers as from our customers
- Experience in automation/scripting and interest in coding (Go, Python, Ruby)
Knowledge and/or experience with Content Delivery Networks (CDN) is preferred.