At Schuberg Philis we love to keep track of the latest and greatest tech that comes from Silicon Valley and our public cloud partners, so we can always pick the right tool for the job in the complex mission-critical ecosystems. In our dream projects we can seamlessly integrate the newest tech into an existing landscape to create high quality software that lasts.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with an open mind and a genuine passion for designing software architecture. We help our customers with a variety of challenges, like creating friendlier online banks, designing portals, dashboards and backends that support large and critical business processes, or making factories smarter by combining cloud and IoT tech.
In this role, as a Senior Software Developer, you will be working on designing and developing mission critical software. You will translate business requirements into software solutions and will focus on designing the software architecture for the purpose of the solution and components that are needed. You understand both the development and operational needs for mission critical software and develop your application to the highest quality and security standards.
For this specific project you work with developers and architects to design and build software that interfaces with operator and customer facing hardware. The systems to interface with are delivered by hardware vendors and this team’s mission is to interface the system with central components in the organization. This requires experience with real time control systems and an affinity with embedded devices. You are no stranger to working with low-level communication protocols in your code. If you previously worked with IoT backends or remote kiosk systems this should be right up your alley.
Our ideal colleague is someone with
- At least 7 years of experience in backend software development
- Experience with microservices, event driven architectures, Edge computing or Industrial IoT
- Ability to write high-quality, reusable and testable code
- Knowledge of software integration with real-time control systems and status monitoring systems
- Knowledge of embedded communication protocols (f.e. RS485, CAN bus)
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies (Docker, K3S/Rancher)
- Good communication skills in Dutch would be preferred